May 13, 2014
Nabsys seeks a software engineer to join our software development team. The team works closely with the algorithm development team, implementing algorithms, developed for the Nabsys Positional Sequencing System, in a robust, efficient manner for use by internal resources and for deployment to customers.
Nabsys’ genomic analysis technology produces electronic measurements of single DNA molecules. The platform works by electronically localizing the positions of probes bound to long (~100kb) molecules as they rapidly (>1Mb/sec) move through detectors. Because detection is electronic rather than optical, a great deal of information can be obtained per unit length of DNA, significantly more than with technologies like optical mapping. Signal processing is applied to the raw data to determine the location of hybridized probes on the molecule. Molecules are assembled for remapping to a known reference or for de novo assembly.
· Implement algorithms in Java platform for use by internal Nabsys resources.
· Implement algorithms, graphics, and reports in C# / WPF, in a robust, commercial product, for use by Nabsys’ customers.
· Review and refactor code for maintainability and execution speed.
· Thoroughly document code.
· Evaluate the efficacy of algorithms across a wide variety of large data sets.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computational Biology, or closely related field of study.
· Excellent general computational and programming skills.
· Substantial experience with C# and Java.
· Experience developing, testing, and evaluating the efficacy of, algorithms.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· 1 year of experience developing software in a commercial environment.
· Working knowledge of R or Matlab.
To be successful in this position, a candidate would need to be:
· Able to work independently as well as collaborate.
· Able to rapidly learn new concepts.
· Able to work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
· Detail oriented.